In the wide region of Paranesti, there are many natural waterfalls which are formed in the dense forests, and are particularly impressive. Some of these are described below:
• Close to the settlement Dipotamia and to the valley of Arkoudorema we meet the first Waterfall of Saint Barbara with a height of over 15 meters. Its water creates a small lake and the wider area is configured as a recreation area by the Forest Service.
• After crossing the riverbed of Arkoudorema after approximately a 15km route, we find the most impressive waterfall of the region with a height of 40m, the waterfall of Trachoni - Dipotamia. It is the largest waterfall in the Balkans.
• Two kilometers before entering the Grand Meadow and on the side of clusters of spruce, the Dark Stream creates the homonym splendid waterfall, cutting a cliff vertically.
• After Dipotamia and heading north we enter Forest Lepida, and after an almost 7km route, we meet the Lepida Waterfall, the largest of the region with a height of 35m.
• In a northerly direction, in the Virgin forest of Fraktos, the Achladorema forms an impressive aquatic formation with three streaming waterfalls, that one can visit by following the existing trails. The first waterfall is 7m tall, the second is 13m tall and the third is 70m tall. There is a fourth periodical waterfall that is difficult to approach with a height of 40m and a fifth periodical waterfall with a height of 80m.