First owners of the building were the tobacco tradesmen Athanasios and Pantelis Kougioumtzoglou who used the plans they brought with them from Russia before 1860. Today those plans and designs are kept in the Letters and Arts Center of the city. One of the buildings was donated to the Center in 1968, while the second one was bought in 1976. Today it houses the Folk Art Museum.
The two buildings are identical residences built next to each other, with a common roof that ends to a pediment. The buildings develop on three levels and their inside walls are decorated by remarkable paintings. The setup and the materials used on the facets have created an interesting architectural style of neoclassical influences.
Modern Monuments Service and Construction of East Macedonia and Thrace