During the Roman Empire, the "Akontisma" it was a station and fort of the Egnatia Highway. Probably in Byzantine times it exists outside the fortress a small hamlet of the same name. In times of Ottoman rule on the same hill, we find a small village called Trirpinti Tsinaar. The village was bombed and nearly destroyed by the Bulgarians during the First World War. The refugees from Cappadocia when they settled in the area found only ruins. After 1930 the Tsirpinti Tsinar was completely rebuilt and materials (stone, wood, tiles) were conveyed to build stables and warehouses in Nea Karvali. In the area is being under several excavations, revealing constantly new discoveries.
Nowadays are made several excavations and new discoveries are discovered constantly. Info: 2510- 316192 Web addresssite: www.stegi-karvalis.gr