The building of the "Brigade" was built by Austrian engineer Konrad Von Vilas, between the years 1923 and 1925, to be used as the residence of the family of Andrew Tzimou tobacco merchant. The architecture of the building is an example of eclectic trends that prevailed during the interwar period in Central and Eastern Macedonia. Today is a landmark not only in the cultural heritage of the city but in the historical memory of its inhabitants. Occupied and used by the occupation forces because of its prominent position and its majestic architecture: initially in 1941 by the Germans, then by the Bulgarians until 1945, later by E.L.A.S. after agreement Varkizas by the militia. Until 1951, used as the headquarters of the 27th Brigade, so the building remained in the collective memory of Drama as the "Brigade"