Location: Kokkinogia. The Church of Taxiarches in the village of Kokinogia is post-Byzantine and was built in 1820. The Belfry located in the courtyard built in 1886. The interior walls of the church were covered with exceptional hagiographies of infinite beauty, which were destroyed after they werw covered with lime during the renovation. The hagiographies were based more on western culture forms, compatible with the Catholic church hence the catholic rate of the church. The images date back to the 17th century while the icon screen dates back to the 18th century. Also at the entrance of the church there are Byzantine inscriptions. However, a pillar of the temple that existed before is saved and dates back to 13th century.
Management Body: Holy Metropolis of Drama
Tel. +30 25210.32362