The production of cocoons and specially their procession was evolved rapidly with the arrival of new techniques. In the early 20th century, organized units and factories were built, which employed several laborers and workers. The main industrial complex in the city was the silk mill of the family Tzivre, built by Italian Ceriano in 1910. The building facilities are extending in an area of 10,500 sq.m. It consists of 13 buildings, of which the most important is the three-storey cocoons warehouse with a total area of 469 sq.m. and a volume of 5,900 cubic meters, with wooden beds at full height, total area 2,915 sq.m. It also includes the “drier” (ie the area of the throttle of cocoons in special ovens), the weave, with 24 looms and spinning, and silk mill, area of 500 sq.m.. The complex was purchased by the City of Soufli and is planned to be restored to a technological museum and cultural center.