It was built like a basilica in 1870, ended up in a carved wooden roof and based on painted pillars. With an unaltered inside, a carved wooden icon screen of the 19th century, which is a piece of folk art and is distinguished by its monumentality, the temple as one of the best preserved monuments of the region of Nevrokopi. At the bottom the Creating of the world is illustrated. The Good gate dates back to the 18th century. The illustration of the church impresses with its chromatic daring while Despotico is remarkable. On the West side of the church rises a spire, piece of magnificent art, which was built in 1890 and the cost of its construction must have been by far beyond the financial capabilities of the inhabitants. On the north wall of the church there are preserved wall paintings of the Archangel Michael and Holy Mary of Egypt.